Welcome to London Region Fencing
London Region serves the interests of Fencers and Fencing Clubs in the City of London and the 32 London Boroughs.
There are 10 Regions in England all of which are part of England Fencing.
The Region’s primary purpose is to promote fencing at all levels within the Region. It does this by:
- Organising competitions, including the London Region Youth Championships
- Supporting Clubs and Competitions within the Region and encouraging participation
- Providing opportunities for fencers to represent the Region
- Publicising and promoting fencing in the Region
- Supporting and promoting training initiatives in the Region, including those for the fencing workforce, such as Armourers, Referees and Coaches.
London Region is a non-profit making organisation, is run by volunteers and has no regular funding. Funds may be made available for special projects.
The ‘members’ of the Region are individuals of British Fencing who have affiliated to the Region. For more information, see the Region’s constitution.
We encourage all fencers, those involved in fencing, who are either living or working in London, members of a London fencing club or who otherwise feel a strong affinity with London to affiliate to London Region when joining British Fencing or renewing their membership.
This is particularly important for junior fencers who want to represent London either in the British Youth Championships or any region based team competitions such as The Winton and Cadet Winton.
We also encourage all Fencing Clubs which either meet or train in a physical location within the Region to register with us so as to ensure that they receive any benefits made available by the Region. For more information and a list of London Clubs with contact and other details see our List of London Clubs.